Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

God and Glory and Daily Life

Glory : very great praise, honor, or distinction bestowed by common consent: renown;
adoring praise or worshipful thanksgiving.
 
What does it mean to give glory to God...to bring glory to God...to let God get the glory for it all?
  
I don't know how to give God glory. I don't know how to take the focus off of myself and let it be all about Him. I don't know how to give Him the glory for my life, for my marriage, for the struggles and for the blessings.
 
I know that I am called to give Him the glory, but practically, daily, I have no idea what that looks like. I guess when you look at the definition, my favorite part is "worshipful thanksgiving". I think that is such a beautiful picture. 
 
I envision dancing and singing. Hands and hearts raised to Heaven. Quiet moments of pure amazement at His greatness. Absolute awe in Who Christ is and what He has done. Speechless wonder that He would choose to love me.
 
Can you see it? The giving glory, the humility, the selflessness, the vulnerability, the offering up of life. It scares me and excites me all at the same time.  
 
It reminds me of 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 - "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." It reminds me of Ann Voskamp and choosing to give thanks through 1000 gifts. 
 
How do I live in His glory every day? How do I display His glory, His life? Do I complain or do say thanks? Do I grumble or do I praise Him in every circumstance? Honestly, I do more complaining and grumbling than offering up thanks and praise. That's the ugly, honest truth. 
 
Thank the Lord for grace! I think we'd all be lost without it. I daily grab a hold of His grace with both hands and pray that it keeps me from scraping up my knees too badly with my stumbling. What a Savior. To hold me and carry me through the stumbling and complaining and offer grace. That is love. 
 
Jesus thank You. 
For grace upon grace. 
For love. 
For Your sacrifice upon the cross that gives Life. 
For carrying me. 
For walking with me and never leaving me or forsaking me. 
For listening. 
For the simple blessings like hot chocolate and whipped cream. 
For the intricate blessings like marriage and friendship. 
For music that pierces the heart. 
For words the stop you in your tracks. 
For kindred spirits. 
For quiet moments to reflect and rejoice in Who You are.
Amen.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment