Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

It's Official...

I have been stamped and approved to be a landed permanent resident of Canada. What a weight lifted off my shoulders!!! Yesterday was full of filling out papers and detailing all our "goods to follow" which are all of our wedding presents still sitting in my parents attic waiting on us :) We (Juanita, her mom, Liam and me) left around 8:30 this morning to begin our journey to the states for a day of shopping and "landing". It was great time spent but I am so glad that it is all over so that I'm not stressing anymore! We had a very nice lady at the border who walked me through the whole process and she answered all my questions and made the whole experience wonderful which was such a blessing! So it's been quite the long day, but a VERY successful day which is great! I will be receiving my permanent resident card in the next 6 - 8 weeks and now I have to apply for a SIN card/number (it's Canada's version of a SSN). So there is still more paperwork but the stress is over (I hope!) which is a great relief. I am so excited to begin this next journey of applying for jobs and hopefully being hired in the near future, it will be great to begin another chapter of this life!

No comments:

Post a Comment